Duties and responsibilities
• Deputize the County Head of Security and Enforcement
• Formulate and implement policies and strategies of the County Security and Enforcement
• Coordinate and plan Enforcement and security matters
• Regulate enforcement and security staff rules
• Give daily reports on enforcement and security to the commandant/director
• Give workable solutions in disputes
• Command and supervision of uniformed and non uniformed staff
• Staff discipline
• Records management, updating of emergency procedures and contingency planning, inspections and threats assessment
• Inventory control; welfare and discipline of County enforcement staff
• Perform any other lawful duties assigned
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Have a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of devolution, County development objectives, laws and allied legislation.
• Demonstrated high integrity, good communication skills, interpersonal relationships and be a team player
• Demonstrated merit and outstanding ability as reflected in work performance
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on leadership and integrity
• Be computer literate
• Have served for a period of not less than ten (10) years in a relevant and comparable field in the Public Sector, three (3) years of which must have been in a senior Management position in the Kenya Police Service, Prisons Service or Administration Police at the rank of Inspector and above, Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) at the rank of Senior Sergeant and above or equivalent position in City/Town Inspectorate.
• Have passed the inspector’s Leadership Course, for officers from the defunct Local Authorities
NOTE: Those who had applied in our earlier advertisement in the DAILY NATION DATED 30TH JANUARY 2017 NEED NOT TO RE-APPLY
HOW TO APPLY
All applications together with copies of detailed curriculum vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, testimonials and references, National Identity Card or Passport and clearance certificates should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position you are applying.
Important information to all Candidates
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
– Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their Originals of National Identity Cards, Certificates, Testimonials and CHAPTER SIX requirement during interview.
All applications should reach the undersigned on or before 13TH OCTOBER, 2017 to:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
P. O. BOX PRIVATE BAG, 50400,
Hand delivered applications should be brought at the reception, Ground Floor Port Victoria Plaza (County Government Offices Annex 1) between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on weekdays.
|Job Category||THE COUNTY SERVICE BOARD|